We want to assure you that The Huntsman Of Little Wenlock is mindful of the global COVID-19 pandemic and our top priority is to keep our customers, team members and communities safe.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate these uncertain times.
Please be assured that we are closely monitoring daily developments and taking increased precautions by reinforcing the proper guidelines put in place by the World Health Organisation, Public Health England, UK Government and local public health authorities.
In our Restaurant, we are enhancing our already rigorous health and safety procedures with additional cleaning and disinfectant. We are also training our team members to practice prevention guidelines to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for further
As a result we have introduced the following changes:
• We are encouraging all our customers to book prior to arrival (even if it is only 10 minutes before!) as tables will be limited and we cannot guarantee you will be able to be seated if you walk in. Although our outside tables are not able to be booked so will work on a first come, first serve policy.
• Each table will be given a 2 hour window (although this is definitely flexible) but we are keeping this in place so we can see as many of you as possible.
• Our opening hours will be changing (it’s just temporary) and we hope to reopen fully soon.
• Sunday-Thursday 12pm – 9pm (food service will stop at 8pm)
• Friday & Saturday 12pm – 10pm (food service will stop at 8pm)
• Temporarily we will not be allowing dogs into the bar area, although they are still very welcome outside.
• All our staff will be temperate checked upon their arrival for work and have been provided with face masks for everyone’s safety.
• We have a one way system in place throughout the building and we ask all our customers to follow it whenever they are here.
• Everyone will enter through the main entrance so they can be seated.
• Those sitting in the bar area will exit through the bar door and those seated in the restaurant will exit through the door in the restaurant (down by the fire place) before heading up the steps to the right and onto the car park.
• The ladies toilet will temporarily be in the disabled toilet and the men’s toilet will operate a one in one out policy in order to maintain the required distance.
• Upon arrival you will need to wait in reception to be greeted by one of our members of staff. There will be hand sanitiser provided and we will endeavour to maintain a 1m distance. From here we will take you through to a table, if one is available, and ensure you have everything you need.
• We will not be allowing anyone to stand at the bar. All tables, including those outside, will be provided with table service.
• There will be a reduced menu, and no three course specials menu available, but we will still have our classics.
• We will be staggering the booking times for all our tables to make it easier for people to social distance once in the building.
• You may also find our doors & windows are open more regularly just to keep a good air circulation throughout the building, but we will try and keep this to a minimum if the sun isn’t shining.
• Not all our tables will be able to be used at the same, due to the 1m distance required, so even if it looks like we might have space please bare this in mind and remember it may also be booked. We definitely want to seat as many of you as is safe!
• Our staff will now be regularly cleaning during their shifts to keep all of you and us safe.
• Doors, handles and surfaces will be wiped down regularly.
• We will keep an eye on the toilets to make sure they are stocked with hand wash and kept clean & tidy.
• All our tables will be deep cleaned between bookings with everything removed, sanitised and replaced.
• The card machine will be wiped down between each use, and we will encourage contactless payment where possible.
• All cutlery & condiments will be bought to the table once you have ordered and all glasses will be changed between drinks (you will not be able to refill the same glass)
• Even if you’re just coming in for a drink- don’t think we have forgotten about you! We have altered our previous policies and will now be seating people in the restaurant area for drinks too.
• If you would rather enjoy a good pint and some fabulous food at home we will be providing a take away service too. Our beer will be available to collect 7 days a week and comes in 2 pint cartons (which are an additional 80p for the carton) and our food will be offered Thursday-Saturday with more details to follow.
The Huntsman of Little Wenlock Team